[sword-devel] Module release: CzeCSP

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Sat Aug 20 04:23:22 EDT 2022

On 2022-08-19, 12:34 GMT, domcox wrote:
>> Where are the history elements and other elements coming
>> from? What is The One Source of Truth about those files?
>
> Simple. We keep track of changes to the module,

Where? My question is what should be kept in the git and what
should be generated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_source_of_truth

> From the original conf file, we keep elements that describe the
> text.
> I mean elements like 'ModName', 'Description', 'About', 'Copyright
> infos', 'TextSource', 'Version' and so on.

Is there somewhere a script generating *.conf file? In
sword-tools, perhaps?

Or if it is done manually in a text editor, then we are back
to the square one, why these changes were not stored in the
git repository?

> That's exactly what we did for the conf update of CzeCSP.

I feel we are communicating each about something different. I
don't need to explain what the version is.

Best,

Matěj
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

I must not fear. // Fear is the mind-killer. // Fear is the
little-death that brings total obliteration. // I will face my
fear. // I will permit it to pass over me and through me. // And
when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
// Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. // Only I will
remain.
  -- Dune