[sword-devel] Module release: CzeCSP

domcox dominique at corbex.org
Fri Aug 19 08:34:25 EDT 2022

Matěj Cepl <mcepl at cepl.eu> writes:

> On 2022-08-16, 11:51 GMT, domcox wrote:
>> Besides this, our .conf files are now automatically and almost
>> completely rebuilt during our build process, based mainly on
>> the
>> content of the OSIS files. Then, we run an utility
>> to validate the generated .conf file, in order to avoid typos
>> and
>> other oddities.
>
> Where are the history elements and other elements coming
> from? What is The One Source of Truth about those files?

Simple. We keep track of changes to the module, which are used to
build the history elements.

>From the original conf file, we keep elements that describe the
text.
I mean elements like 'ModName', 'Description', 'About', 'Copyright
infos', 'TextSource', 'Version' and so on.

Typical SWORD and technical elements like 'DataPath', 'ModDrv',
'Encoding',
'GlobalOptionFilter', 'Feature'...  are most of the time not
accurate in the original
conf file and are regenerated automatically from the content of
the OSIS file.

About 'Version':
It is specified in the wiki to start with version 1.0 and
increment by 0.1 for minor updates and by larger values for more
major updates such as a new text source.
(Sequence: 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 .. 2.0)

CrossWire's standard practice is to indicate updates that only
require a .conf-file update/download by incrementing the third
most significant number (the revision number). For example, if
module version 1.2 requires a .conf-file update. A new .conf file
with version number 1.2.1 could be released.

That's exactly what we did for the conf update of CzeCSP.

--
Dom