[sword-devel] Mobile Linux UIs

Mill J millj.code at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 10:40:03 EST 2021

As far as I know there's still no current mobile linux sword app available.
The desktop ones run, but are mostly unusable unless the phone is docked. A
fellow PinePhone user wrote a bible app for the PinePhone but he doesn't
use sword. I contacted him about maybe adding sword support, but he said at
this time he's not planning on it.
https://the3dman.gitlab.io/post/2021-01-01-lamb/

It is fairly simple to get a very basic sword bible app going in gtkmm3
(which is quite mobile friendly). I've got a extremely basic, proof of
concept going to where I can read installed sword modules in plain text.
Maybe I should polish it up a bit and push to a public git repo. There's a
chance somebody might find it useful for a starting point.

mill-j