[sword-devel] moving away from freenode

domcox dominique at corbex.org
Fri May 28 14:07:11 EDT 2021

Caleb Maclennan writes:

> Personally I'd like to see the IRC channel survive and migrate
> to either
> Libera or OFTC. Both of those networks now have operational
> Matrix
> bridges. That brings three of the largest open chat platforms
> used for
> open source (Gitter, Matrix, & IRC) able to interact in the same
> channels seamlessly. This means end users can connect from any
> of
> hundreds of apps from web clients to terminal clients to native
> desktop
> apps to mobile apps. With bridging enabled all three ecosystems
> operate
> natively as if everybody was in the same place.

+1

I'm in for keeping an IRC Channel.
I'm using an XMPP server which provides an IRC Gateway.
So I'm able to connect to IRC channels with any XMPP client
(https://dino.im/ actually).
I tried Matrix/element/fractal for a while but I prefer this
setup.
It has the double benefit of beeing fast and lightweight which is
of great interest when you have a slooooooow Internet connection
or running on batteries.

--
Dom