[sword-devel] Greek/Hebrew Reader screenshots

Jeff Becker jbecker at fiveviews.com
Sat May 22 21:19:55 EDT 2021

Thank you for the feedback (not included here).

I think I've figured out what I'd like to do:

-          Stay with Web delivery of this content

o   Screenshot_1
<http://bible.fiveviews.net/Images/ScreenShots/Screenshot_2021-05-15-20-33-0
4.png>        Screenshot_2
<http://bible.fiveviews.net/Images/ScreenShots/Screenshot_2021-05-15-20-18-4
3.png>        Screenshot 3
<http://bible.fiveviews.net/Images/ScreenShots/Screenshot_2021-05-15-20-30-1
4.png>       Screenshot 4
<http://bible.fiveviews.net/Images/ScreenShots/Screenshot_2021-05-15-20-53-4
0.png>       (see details below)

-          Implement the Crosswire / SWORD Project content (adhering to all
applicable licensing)

o   Including multilingual content and flexibility (English only seems
short-sighted)

-          Continue developing in ASP.Net / IIS / Visual Studio / CLR

o   Even after considering all of the suggestions and reviewing available
applications (partly because it's my wheelhouse)

-          Develop reusable code for the MS platform and make it available
for download

o   I'd like to see a wrapper that parallels the existing Crosswire / SWORD
Project code base so that developers can easily implement it in VS20xx

o   Possibly a dll that runs under MS Common Language Runtime (CLR) so that
it's readily available for C#, VB, C++, etc. developers (I'm not sure if
just making source code available is enough)

-          Find or develop a database of English (or any available language)
words derived from Biblical Greek words

o   Does anyone know anything about 'English derivatives from the Greek New
Testament' by Charles Van der Pool?

So, if that's acceptable, I could use some help getting started:

-          Advice from others who have developed in Visual Studio (the
latest code that I was able to find was for VS 2013)

-          A document or Wiki that would get content available in Windows
10, Windows Server 2019, etc.

-          Instructions on how to make this compliant with Crosswire / SWORD
Project standards including licensing of content

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Jeff Becker