[sword-devel] About PreferredCSSXHTML

Tuomas Airaksinen tuomas.airaksinen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 03:35:05 EST 2021

Thank you for prompt replies.

> 1) the conf file is a shared and joint space and we really do not want to
> introduce per-front-end special values there.

I would suggest having a namespace prefix with which module makers can add
also frontend specific options. For example, if there was
Frontend* prefix, my key would be FrontendAndBibleCSS, which could then be
deprecated as soon as official config has been specified and supported
by libs.

> 2) You have clearly thought deeper about the matter than so far anyone of
> us as far as I can tell from previous discussions on here.

My draft can be considered as an initial draft suggestion for an official
sword css specification.

> 3) As far as I can tell not many (any?) modules make specific use of the
> facility just yet, so we are at a place where we can still just change tack
> if need be without creating a compatibility gap.
> 4) users of course might have created their own CSS sheets, seeing the
> opportunity - and those who did might get hurt if we do something which
> breaks things. We need to think about that. Though chances are these are
> very knowledgeable people who probably only need a hint.
> 5) I am wondering if the name spaces can be created dynamically?

It will require modifying CSS dynamically (adding prefixes), and parsing
CSS manually is not a good idea.

Can you describe the specific lay out requirements and why they are as they
> are, aside from the namespace?

Can you specify what you mean? Layout of CSS?

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 10:18 AM refdoc at gmx.net <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> From: David Haslam
>

> Front-ends generally ignore config keys that are not documented in our
> wiki
>

> That is not really relevant. It really is not.

T: Tuomas