[sword-devel] moving away from freenode

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Jun 15 15:17:59 EDT 2021

"All Freenode Channels and Users Gone"
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/o0263h/all_freenode_channels_and_users_gone/

She's dead, Jim: I can't login to freenode any longer with my usual
name/password.

I see that #sword and #xiphos already exist on irc.libera.chat; #sword
appears to have been registered, but I can't do anything to make #xiphos
official with ChanServ because one has to be a chanop to do that, and as
long as people are in the channel and no one is op (i.e. someone entered
the channel which created it, others joined, 1st person left so no
chanop, and it hasn't been empty since), it's a no-man's land.

#bibletime exists as well but just 1 person has been seen in it.