[sword-devel] Greek/Hebrew Reader screenshots

Jeff Becker jbecker at fiveviews.com
Tue Jun 1 08:03:59 EDT 2021

Tobias (et al),

I've downloaded the Win32 code and had a successful compile.  As I tried to
implement the dll in a Web application I found that I also had to compile
the c++ code (libsword) in order to use the c# dll.  Not a problem but as I
was setting up my new computer with the rather cumbersome c++ environment it
occurred to me that it might be easier to ask for help.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get a compiled dll from another developer
that will run (safely and securely) in my environment.

Since I don't have any other reasons to develop in c++ at this time I might
be able to avoid the gyrations of getting everything downloaded and
configured.  It seems that there might be others who would also be
interested in c# development who would also be benefitted from it. With that
I'm also wondering if the appropriate dlls (from c++ source code) might be
included in a later version of the Win32 code on Github.

I'm just getting familiar with the code so I don't know how much I'm really
asking.  Is it a simple matter to get a copy of the dlls from someone else
or do I have to compile myself in my own environment?

Thanks,

Jeff