[sword-devel] Question about Bible window scrolling and verse focus in Xiphos under Windows 10

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Jan 26 16:58:24 EST 2021

On 1/26/21 4:46 PM, Gary Bennett wrote:
> Is this 'feature' peculiar to me, or is it a Win 10 issue?

It's a GTK2-ported-to-Windows issue. And nothing we can do about it.

If there were ever to exist a GTK3 (or /shiver/ GTK4) port to Windows,
apparently the problem would evaporate. But it was made clear some time
back that such things aren't going to happen. The navigation is
happening, just as you imagine, which can be made more evident if you're
using BibleSync where it speaks to a Linux instance of Xiphos, because
the mutual response of each to the other makes clear what's happening.