[sword-devel] ISO language codes

Jamie jamie at critos.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 11:28:56 EST 2021

Thank you to all of you for getting back to me so quickly, and for the
information you have provided.

Picking up Dom's question below, on the subject of the new IANA registry, as
I said in my earlier email, I have only taken a quick look, but it seems to
combine the previous 2- and 3- character codes with the principle that where
you have a choice between them, you _must_ use the shorter.  So, to take an
example which I have been looking at recently, Amharic has a 2-character
code (am) and a 3-character code (amh), and it looks to mandate the use of
'am'.  I guess at least this removes any ambiguity -- but may not help if
you have software which expects to have a specific kind of code.

Jamie