[sword-devel] Ezra Project - any plans for an x64 edition ?

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Tue Jan 5 18:18:19 EST 2021

Am 5. Januar 2021 22:31:02 schrieb Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com>
> I routinely build for x64 Windows in my Fedora cross compiled packages. I
> don't know if that supports your needs, but the Fedora cross compile tools
> are very strong and extensive.
>
> If any dependencies are missing, I can help get them into Fedora directly
> if needed.

The tricky part would probably be to make those cross compilers work with
node-gyp (the Node.js build tool for native extensions). I haven't heard of
anyone doing that. Also, I guess that Electron itself would have to be
compiled with the same compiler toolchain in that case. Node.js extensions
like node-sword-interface are shared object files that are loaded
dynamically (sort of like plugins) by the Electron process during runtime.

Best regards,
Tobias