[sword-devel] Standalone works

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 17:19:06 EST 2021

re: Install Sword Files

(Is/Can) a file extension for standalone Sword files be assigned?  No
change to the current format within the zip file, but a unique file
extension instead of .zip would allow filesystem handlers to be able to
sent the files into the programs on download, or doubleclick.

The other half of this request: Is there any existing program that handles
linked files on startup/passover in this way: tread ".swd" files like a
.zipped module?

I'd like to produce standalone works (non-scripture study materials) that
link to scripture.  Actually I already am producing these... they are just
currently in pdf form only. I'd like to produce them for sword, but "books"
as a single category doesn't seem to be able to handle the library I'm
building... It makes more sense to me to offer the works as an option on a
library, rather than reproduce the library in an expanded sword repo.