[sword-devel] Where does Bishop store SWORD files on Android?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Jan 1 15:33:54 EST 2021

Yes, that's exactly right. Upon install, Bishop asks for permissions to read and right files to /sdcard/sword/. If it is able, it does, if not, it writes to its app’s private data area.

I don't believe there is anything like this available on iOS, but I am no expert. I would be interested to learn how iOS handles other common data files which have multiple apps needing the ability to read and write, like photos.

Thanks for wanting to coordinate on where files are stored.

Troy