[sword-devel] SWORD 1.9.0RC2 Available

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Fri Sep 18 10:48:18 EDT 2020

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your work on this new release of SWORD!

I just gave it a try with Ezra Project and based on an automated
end-to-end acceptance test I noticed that removal of a module did not
work anymore (tested with the KJV). The test ran into a timeout. The
SWORD revision that I was depending on lastly was SVN Rev 3747 from May
18th.

I then tried this manually and found that when removing a module (tried
with KJV) Ezra Project hangs endlessly at full cpu load.

Next step was trying the module removal at API level with
node-sword-interface. There it is also hanging in
NodeSwordInterface.uninstallModule. This method invokes the CPP method
ModuleInstaller::uninstallModule, which in turn does the following on
the SWORD API:

1) InstallMgr::removeModule
2) InstallMgr::deleteModule (and this is where it hangs!!)

Best regards,
Tobias