[sword-devel] Issues with German Umlaut characters in SWORD trunk? [RESOLVED]

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sun Oct 4 15:57:47 EDT 2020

Hi Greg!

> 1) Are any of those CLI flags ones that we should include into the
> CMakeLists.txt somewhere? I'm thinking specifically of the one where
> you tell the system to export all symbols, but any others that should
> be included or defaulted are also OK. Let me know and I can work on
> putting them into the system to simplify your build process.

I'm actually not quite sure right now whether I really need
CMAKE_WINDOWS_EXPORT_ALL_SYMBOLS=TRUE. I added this recently because I
faced issues with unavailable symbols. But those issues got resolved
after I defined SWUSINGDLL in my application library that links with
SWORD. The other options that I provide to CMake are simply library
(dependency) configuration options and rather specific to my build. So
I'm not sure whether it's necessary to add anything to SWORD's CMake
configuration at this point.

> 2) What version of CMake are you using? Someone on another thread is
> struggling to build on Windows because of the default install
> directory being set with \\ as the path separator and needed to switch
> it to / instead. But they're on CMake 3.18.2, so I'm curious what
> version you're on and if that is a new development in the CMake
> versions that they'll understand Unix path separators on Windows.

I'm using whatever is latest on the Windows Virtual Environment of
GitHub Actions.

Currently that would be CMake 3.18.2.

See
https://github.com/actions/virtual-environments/blob/8f597be18bf04e963e13364d8c07521d096a4a4a/images/win/Windows2019-Readme.md#tools