[sword-devel] Issues with German Umlaut characters in SWORD trunk?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Oct 3 07:44:58 EDT 2020

Hi Tobias, generally SWORD defaults to always return UTF-8. Depending on what you do with the string returned from your function, in Windows you may or may not get nice results. Also, to check, we do have multiple locales for German. The de-utf8 locale is preferred if SWORD is compiled with a StringMgr which understands Unicode. How are you compiling SWORD on Windows? With ICU?