[sword-devel] Issues with German Umlaut characters in SWORD trunk?

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sat Oct 3 04:55:32 EDT 2020

Hi,

In node-sword-interface I have a method getSwordTranslation which does the following:

std::string translation = std::string(this->_localeMgr->translate(originalString.c_str(), localeCode.c_str()));
return translation;

I have just found that this method does not do the right thing on Windows any longer.

When invoking my wrapper nsi.getSwordTranslation('Matthew', 'de') I now get the following:
Matth�us

The expected result should be: Matthäus

So the result is issues with German Umlaut characters. I only have this issue on Windows, though – the Umlaut’s are returned correctly on Linux.

The last SWORD revision I’ve been using without this issue is SVN Rev. 3747 (from May 18th 2020).

This would be a showstopper for me if it does turn out to be an issue in SWORD.

Best regards,
Tobias