[sword-devel] Localisation of front-end apps

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Fri May 29 11:34:14 EDT 2020

On 5/29/20 11:19 AM, Greg Hellings wrote:
> How do you propose that our software, none of which is developed
> commercially and none of the maintainers of which speak or read/write
> these languages, go about acquiring localization strings for those
> languages?

A long time ago, it was proposed that Xiphos be driven for translation
by some facility on launchpad with which I'm unfamiliar.  As far as I'm
aware, not a single new translation resulted from this.  Several of the
existing translations are simply decaying slowly over time as the code
changes; every time a new dialog or warning or label is added that no
one translates, the translations get worse.  I have no idea how to
induce would-be translators to enter and take part, even though one of
Xiphos' Help selections is an explicit invitation for such translators.