[sword-devel] I give up

Dominique Corbex dominique at corbex.org
Thu May 14 01:06:25 MST 2020

On Wed, 13 May 2020 17:27:43 -0400
Tom Sullivan <info at beforgiven.info> wrote:

> The repositories do not contain the latest versions. For example, the
> Debian Buster repository presents Xiphos 4.1, not the latest 4.2.

I was a long time Debian user, I switched to Fedora for that reason.

On Fedora, (many thanks to Greg) you have all the latest
frontend/backend software, and tools/bindings you need for building
your own modules and so on. Boring time spent trying to build
xiphos/sword/whateverelse from scratch is history.

I don't have any regrets. IMHO Every serious Crosswire user should run
Fedora.

Dom
--
domcox <dominique at corbex.org>