[sword-devel] AUR build fails in Manjaro (Was Re: Xiphos 4.2.1)

Israel Dahl israeldahl at gmail.com
Fri May 8 12:35:18 MST 2020

Error Message from GUI tool:
"could not satisfy dependencies:
unable to satisfy dependency 'libbiblesync.so' required by xiphos"

this uses pamac-manager

I've found biblesync 2.0.1-1 (at the time of writing)

The line in the build script (at least for manjaro) should simply have
biblesync, AFAIK.  At least, building/installing biblesync fixes it.

I am assuming the relations between Ubuntu/Debian is similar to
Manjaro/Arch, and they seem to use the same repos, and internals so it
may fail on arch if you do not previously install biblesync.  Do you
maintain the AUR for biblesync?

Easy bug to overlook, when you are so used to having something you
always use installed!