[sword-devel] NASB Psalm titles

Tom Sullivan info at beforgiven.info
Fri May 8 02:55:55 MST 2020

Y'all:

The NASB module, in combination with Sword, does not seem to treat Psalm
titles as canonical. As noted below, JSword does not seem to have the
problem, Sword does. So is there some incompatibility or bad OSIS going
on here?

Thanks.

Details below. Comparisons with other modules.

$ osis2mod
You are running osis2mod: $Rev: 3431 $
OSIS Bible/commentary module creation tool for The SWORD Project

$ diatheke -b ESV2011 -f plain -k ps 5.1-2
Psalms 5:1:  Give ear to my words, O Lord;
consider my groaning.

   To the choirmaster: for the flutes. A Psalm of David.
   Psalms 5:2: Give attention to the sound of my cry,
my King and my God,
for to you do I pray.

(ESV2011)
$ diatheke -b KJV -f plain -k ps 5.1-2
Psalms 5:1: Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
To the chief Musician upon Nehiloth, A Psalm of David.
Psalms 5:2: Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for
unto thee will I pray.
(KJV)
$ diatheke -b NASB -f plain -k ps 5.1-2
Psalms 5:1:
Give ear to my words, O LORD, Consider my groaning.
   Psalms 5:2:
Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God, For to You I pray.
(NASB)

BibleDesktop displays the canonical title in a different color than the
human title.

BibleTime displays both the human and canonical the same.

Xiphos 4.1.0 displays titles for ESV2011, not NASB

--
Tom Sullivan
info at BeForgiven.INFO