[sword-devel] Firefox to remove support for the FTP protocol | ZDNet

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 20:32:05 EDT 2020

It's worth noting that cURL supports SFTP/SCP natively already. Adding
support for SFTP in a cURL enabled SWORD build should be fairly easy. I
seem to recall messing around with that ages ago when HTTP and HTTPS were
added. But it suffered limitations as I mention below.

The problem with that is SFTP is not like FTP in that it does not innately
understand an anonymous read only user. Getting a system into that state is
rather a bit of a hack. I'm going to work up an automated set of configure
scripts to see if it works, these days, but it's not as easy as it is in
FTP.

--Greg