[sword-devel] How to access raw OSIS files

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:22:01 MST 2020

There are a lot of places to get scripture in free formats.  OSIS supported
by the Sword project is very old, and not many places still provide it.

I suggest you start at ebible.org,
https://ebible.org/download.php

which provides the KJV with strongs in OSIS among other formats.
https://ebible.org/details.php?id=eng-kjv2006&all=1

Note the text there isn't necessarily the same text as what you see in the
Sword KJV module, but the OSIS is similar enough that any differences are
trivial. (periods may have moved before or after some embedded data... that
kind of difference.)