[sword-devel] The Digital Bible Library® ??? What do you think?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Mon Jun 1 17:15:39 EDT 2020

On Sun, 24 May 2020 13:54:20 -0700 Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I think Matěj is suggesting
> that the publisher of the CzeB21 is telling us that our next
> module update of the CzeB21 should come from their text they
> have uploaded to the DBL.

My real question was what do you know about this initiative, and
whether we are not getting near the situation, where maintainers
of Sword biblical modules should transfer their effort to DBL.
Are there any plans to join effort under the DBL umbrella?

Not that I would be any eager to switch there, because just
after we finally introduced true infrastructure for the modules
maintenance on gitlab.com, I don’t see anything on the DBL site
which would help me to maintain their modules.

> And Matěj is saying that he thinks their text in the DBL is
> much worse than than what we are current using:

I am saying it about our module CzeBKR which is fixed comparing
to what DBL (and eSword.org) have. I haven’t said anything about
CzeB21, where the sources are from the publisher, and yes, we
have some fixes on the top of that, but nothing significant
(certainly, nothing of the magnitude of the incorrect version of
New Testament as it was the case with CzeBKR).

Blessings,

Matěj

https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone; it has to be made,
like bread, remade all the time, made new.
   -- Ursula K. LeGuin