[sword-devel] NA28 shows no verses

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 16:53:25 EDT 2020

I tried the license in Bibletime 3.0, and it fails to authorize.

I've tried to authorize the NA28 on Alkitab Bible Study 4.0 (Build
202005100000) and it fails to authorize.

I haven't figured out how to install the latest Xiphos yet (on an
Ubuntu 18.04 system running Cinnamon desktop... still waiting the 20.04 to
drop.) The version I have it seemed to authorize (it never said
'successful' or 'failed' that I saw, just removed the authorization box
after a long time.) But then shows no verse text.

On my Linux Desktop and my Mac Desktop, I don't put my full credentials
into the login user profile (usually just my last initial or less than the
complete name.) Could this be causing a registration error?  I've never
seen any user setup on Bibletime or any Sword program, but I did note that
the license is obviously trying to look like it's based on my name. I
didn't see any warning about what it would validate against, but then it's
been 30 plus years since my German was tested beyond yes or no.

In Bishop, it works and I don't see any issues.