[sword-devel] Strong's search does not return result if Strong's number in text points to different parts of a verse

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sat Jul 18 04:00:46 EDT 2020

On 7/16/20 4:02 AM, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> On 7/15/20 5:08 PM, Tobias Klein wrote:
>> Is there any other translation out there that uses these special
>> Strong's keys?
>
> I don't think any other uses the NAS lexicons. However, those are not
> the only "not-Strong's Strong's".  For example, there is the Berean
> Bible (http://berean.bible) who have produced their own content of
> this sort.  I am (over)due to re-work my existing BIBdraft, BSBdraft,
> and lexicon modules with the full, finalized content.  This sort of
> thing is going to induce me to make per-module Strong's dictionaries
> possible in Xiphos.

Thanks once more! I've found a way to handle these special Strong's
while still being able to use them for dictionaries with the standard
keys. This is how:

1) When looking up an entry in a dictionary, first try to use the "raw
key" (like G5179b)

2) If the dictionary does not have that key, try with a "normalized key"
(in this case G5179)

This way the special Strong's from NASB for example can still be used to
lookup "normalized entries" from other Strong's keyed dictionaries.

This is how my dictionary info box looks like now:
https://pasteboard.co/JibMDcW.png

Best regards,
Tobias