[sword-devel] Sword for the Blind

Don Elbourne don2 at elbourne.org
Thu Feb 27 18:10:58 MST 2020

Thanks.

As far as I understand it, the main thing that a software needs to do is
have keyboard shortcuts for any actions and to label everything. The
users screen reader of choice will take care of the rest.

I will be glad to do the leg work to see if there are some standards
that would give more concrete guidance. And if ya'll are open to it, I
will even try to recruit some programmers to implement anything necessary.

I hear that the leading commercial Bible software out there is not very
screen reader friendly.

The reason I bring this up is that I have just launched a new blind
ministry and I would love to point my users to the Sword Project.

The John L. Dagg Resource Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
https://www.facebook.com/blindministry/
(full web site coming soon)

The mission of the John L. Dagg Resource Center is  to make good
theological books and material accessible to the blind and visually
impaired.

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

--
by grace alone,