[sword-devel] Help in creating a TEI lexdict module, perhaps with encoding problem

Daniel Owens dcowens76 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 04:21:15 EST 2020

I am working on a Vietnamese translation of Robinson's morphological
codes, and I am running into a problem. I prepared the module in TEI and
am able to create the module without difficulty. However, when I open it
in several front-ends, the text is garbled, like it isn't in UTF8 (the
source file is UTF8).

Copying and pasting from Xiphos, this is what I get:

[*Robinson bằng tiếng Việt*]
Từ loại: Đại từ không xác định
Thể: Danh cách
Số: Số ít
Giống: Trung tính

The content within the brackets is correct, which indicates that the
input text is in UTF8, but the rest is not correct. So I am puzzled and
hoping for help. It's been awhile since I created a module, so I
probably missed something. Is there an option I am missing in tei2mod?

This is the command I used: tei2mod ./robinson-vi robinson-vi.tei.xml -z

Daniel