[sword-devel] Determining the repository a SWModule belongs to

contact at tklein.info contact at tklein.info
Sun Sep 29 02:52:26 MST 2019

Hi,

For now I'm thinking to store this information (Repository of a
module) in my own application-level persistence layer.

However, I'm still wondering about the performance of
InstallMgr::getModuleStatus.
It's not a big issue on current desktop PCs with fast SSDs. On my
Windows tablet, though - it takes ~3s to call this function using the
"eBible.org" repository. When calling it for all repositories to
gather a complete list of modules, it takes ~6s on my Windows tablet.

I guess the function walks through all the module files and a long
list of files just takes its toll ... Is there a possibility for a
performance improvement, though?

Best regards,
Tobias

Quoting contact at tklein.info: