[sword-devel] OSIS Commentary - versification

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 09:23:42 MST 2019

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 2:08 PM Michael H <cmahte at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I have a collection of files (based on vulgate and NRSV works) that
> will become commentaries.
>
> The first thing I'd like to address are the differences in the
> versification, primarily (for the vulgate stuff) so that commentary about
> Psalm 119 doesn't show up on 118 or 120.
>
> The only place I see to label a versification is in the .conf file? (after
> the module is finished.) And in command line utitilities that probably
> won't apply to my case, since I'm starting from bare text, and there's no
> reason to convert to a intermediate format.

Correct, but you'll eventually need to pass it through an import utility,
unless you write the module directly yourself from a custom crafted tool.
But, even then, you'll still need to declare the versification manually
when you create the module object (or accept the KJV default) so that any
index file is properly written out.

> There isn't any declaration inside an OSIS file?   If I'm building the
> OSIS myself, is there anything I need to be especially concerned regarding
> the versificaiton, or just ensure that my reference tags will fit a SWORD
> versification item?

Pretty sure that OSIS headers have a field for it. Almost as sure that the
osis2mod tool ignores it along with just about everything else in the
header.

--Greg