[sword-devel] Examples for how to fetch Strongs data based on Strongs number with SWORD API

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sun Oct 20 04:36:18 MST 2019

Hi all,

Can somebody point me to an example that shows how to fetch the data for
a given Strongs number using the SWORD API?
I was searching existing code in Bibletime and Xiphos for a bit just
now, but was not so successfull in figuring out how it works.

I would like to add a Strongs view to Ezra Project.

I also found this project: https://github.com/openscriptures/strongs
There, somebody turned the Strong's dictionary contents into JSON files.
That would actually make it extremely simple to access the content for
me in my Javascript-based software.
However, before turning to an alternative I would first like to see how
it would work with the SWORD API and Strong's SWORD modules.

Best regards,
Tobias