[sword-devel] Xiphos crashes with my sword locale

Cyrille lafricain79 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 11:07:54 EST 2019

Le 05/11/2019 à 11:01, Karl Kleinpaste a écrit :
> On 11/5/19 10:31 AM, Cyrille wrote:
>> #6  0x00007ffff1f9fca2 in __strcpy_chk (dest=0x555557492190 "",
>> src=0x5555566bed50 "ထွက်မြောက်ရာကျမ်း 1:1", destlen=50)
>>     at strcpy_chk.c:30
> Bug found. A fix will happen for next release. That won't be today or
> next week, but ... I'm thinking Christmas or thereabouts. For now...
> well, you're stuck, because the problem is that the space occupied by
> that book name is 51 bytes. (Somehow it figures.) You can blame either
> Terry or me for that arbitrarily short limit, probably a decade and a
> half ago. In fact, in a fit of unclean code, that limit of 50 is
> imposed on both the length of names in a history event as well as the
> number of history events, when it should have been only the latter.
Thank you Karl! For Christmas it will be a nice gift for my friend in
Myanmar. The locale my-utf8.conf is not yet released. I just patch it in
the sword package of my ubuntu ppa. But I don't have it for Windows.
Then if you'll propose a new exe for Windows I can share with you the file.
You have also a new pull request on github for this local.
The last question is, what is the "correct" locale, my, bm or my_MY? I
used my, it works but I want to be sure.