[sword-devel] Xiphos crashes with my sword locale

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Nov 5 11:01:45 EST 2019

On 11/5/19 10:31 AM, Cyrille wrote:
> #6 0x00007ffff1f9fca2 in __strcpy_chk (dest=0x555557492190 "",
> src=0x5555566bed50 "ထွက်မြောက်ရာကျမ်း 1:1", destlen=50)
>     at strcpy_chk.c:30
Bug found. A fix will happen for next release. That won't be today or
next week, but ... I'm thinking Christmas or thereabouts. For now...
well, you're stuck, because the problem is that the space occupied by
that book name is 51 bytes. (Somehow it figures.) You can blame either
Terry or me for that arbitrarily short limit, probably a decade and a
half ago. In fact, in a fit of unclean code, that limit of 50 is imposed
on both the length of names in a history event as well as the number of
history events, when it should have been only the latter.