[sword-devel] Bible in Myanmar

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Tue May 14 17:34:38 MST 2019

I don't read Burmese and I don't know anyone who does. I was suggesting you
contact whoever provided you the files and permission, and ask them if they
can verify the unicode text reads correctly.

To a native speaker, the text will quickly be recognized as readable, or
misspelled (letters are out of place.) It's better to check that now than
spend a lot of time on the numbering.

In regard to the verse numbering.  What I described (insert markers based
on a reg ex search, then apply markup based on a sequential list) would
take me about 2-4 hours to complete.  At the end of that the text will have
proper USFM tags for book titles, section titles,  section
references/ranges, chapter numbers, and verse numbers.  It will need to be
checked that the verse numbers are well placed.  This is depending on the
text not having issues on my machine.  I haven't tested all my tools to
respect Burmese text.