[sword-devel] Eclectic Questions re: CLI, OSIS markup of Trinitarian referents, and the 1662 BCP as a module

Justin Bellars jbellars at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 19:38:42 EDT 2019

Greetings all,

I have known Troy for quite some time, but have only recently made any
effort to get involved with the Sword project. I have some newbie
questions. Troy suggested I pose them to the list, so here goes...

1. When using the Sword CLI (diatheke), I'm not sure how to
download/install new modules (other than the defaults)... I can't find
anything on the Wiki that speaks to this either. Can someone direct me to
common CLI commands for module management everyone should know?

2. I'm also wondering about OSIS markup...
I'm fairly certain that the NASB is the only (en-US, en-UK, en-CA, etc.)
translation that seems to capitalize pronouns where a member of the Trinity
is the referent. Are there tags/XML constructions that can be added around
pronouns or inflected verbs that indicate that the subject is a member of
the Trinity (e.g. in the event you were performing a search about the
attributes of God or want to toggle capitalization in a given language to
make it more obvious who the "He" is?)?

3. And now a Sword module question... I believe the 1662 Book of Common
Prayer falls under the same restrictions as the KJV - in the UK, the rights
are owned by the Crown, but everywhere else, it seems to be considered
Public Domain... is it cool to markup a copy in OSIS for creating a Sword
module? Or only if it isn't distributed in the UK?

If you can answer any of these questions, I would appreciate the info.

Best regards,

Justin