[sword-devel] Ezra Project 0.8.1 released

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Jun 22 15:57:09 EDT 2019

Hi Tobias,

So, I've had a chance to try 0.8.1.  I hope this feedback is useful:

Wanting to test the SWORD configuration improvements in the new build, I
removed my ~/.sword folder.  I have 5 or so modules installed
machine-wide under /usr/share/sword so I was hoping those would be
seen.  Just to be sure SWORD is configured correctly on my box, in my
source folder I go down into the examples at:
~/src/sword/examples/cmdline and run ./lookup yoyo yoyo

[scribe at localhost cmdline]$ ./lookup yoyo yoyo
Could not find module [yoyo].  Available modules:
[ESV2011]     - English Standard Version with Strongs numbers.
[KJV]     - King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology
[SahidicBible]     - Sahidic Bible - Askeland / Schulz
[StrongsGreek]     - Strong's Greek Bible Dictionary
[WHNU]     - Westcott and Hort with NA27/UBS4 variants

On my previous test, using 0.8.0, I installed KJVA and WLC which went
into ~/.sword/ which is fine but wanting to test more cleanly, I removed
the ~/.sword folder completely.

OK, installed latest ezra package for F29 x86_64.

It created ~/.sword and an empty mods.d and installMgr folder
underneath.  All fine.  No sword.conf. Good.

Launched ezra-project.

To my surprise, I see my two previous modules available in the dropdown
AND the KJVA is showing data!

So, I could image a bug if you maybe cached available modules someplace
and didn't re-read SWMgr between app restarts to see what modules were
available, but I can't imagine how you can still lookup data for both of
my previously installed modules since I have removed ~/.sword/ where
they were installed and these modules are not available in my
system-wide /usr/share/sword library.

:)

Hope this initial feedback is a little useful,

Troy