[sword-devel] Genbooks

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 18:31:34 EDT 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Compiled_HTML_Help

CHM is not exactly opensource.  Microsoft successfully sued TomTom for
using FAT32 formatting in it's GPS systems without paying any royalties to
Microsoft.  That's the old (Gates, Balmer) Microsoft, but still it's a
proprietary technology by a company with a history of using litigation on
technologies just to shut people down.

I don't see Crosswire as being a target by microsoft, but sometimes people
with intent to harm license technology just to make it something to
rattle... I'd feel a lot more comfortable using a known-opensource
technology.

It would make production easy if it was supported.