[sword-devel] Ezra Project 0.8.0 released

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Jun 3 00:48:36 MST 2019

Tobias,

Yes, RPM for Fedora 29 worked great for me.  It asked to installed SWORD
dependency and seems to work fine with the one available in the Fedora repo.

Just getting started.  Noticed a few things.

The repos list doesn't seem to show all the repos available from our
registry.

Selecting CrossWire and choosing Greek, English, and Hebrew, I don't see
the WHNU Greek module.

Noticed the eBible.org repo only shows that is has like 74 modules
available, but I think Michael has like 2000 or something :)

I like that I can have multiple tabs of different Bibles pointing to
different locations.

Noticed Hebrew (module: WLC) is left justified.  You should be able to
key off the config entry: Direction=RtoL

I like that I can highlight multiple verse and then click a tag to add
them to that tag.  I am not sure if they are tagged individually, or as
a group, but regardless, they all seem to be tagged.

I am not sure how to show all the verses associated with one of my tags.

I notice you're not showing all the books associated with the current
module.  If you have constructed a VerseKey standalone, you will get the
KJV versification.  If you want the versification of the active module,
you can grab the key with SWModule::getKey() and check if it is a
VerseKey (it will be if it is a Bible module), something like:

VerseKey *verseKey = dynamic_cast<VerseKey *>(module->getKey());

if (verseKey) {

    // then we know we have a Bible or Commentary, or something else
which iterates with a VerseKey

}

This will let you iterate the books and show the books, chapters, and
verses of the versification for the specific module.

Great start!  Thanks for your work!  I am sure building up personal tab
libraries of Bible topics and sharing those with others can be a
wonderful way to study God's Word.

Troy