[sword-devel] Markdown?

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:28:39 MST 2019

It would make more sense to add another file in the FTP structure, like a
defined "read me," index, or "about" file designed for humans, instead of
expanding the conf file.

The .conf file is supposed to be a standardized file for the benefit of
machines.  It makes a lot of sense to segregate a bunch of machine settings
from a broad scope markup language.

Security/Stability
1. Allowing broad spectrum markup languages (html, html5, xml) into a
machine readable config file seems a huge security hole.
2. Putting human readable text itno a file designed for machines is asking
for manual edits.

Enhanced usability
3. implemented properly, this provides information in even the most basic
forms of access (like command line windows.)