[sword-devel] Text and module development on CrossWire

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 08:46:55 MST 2019

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 9:32 AM Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2019-01-09 at 14:53 +0000, David Haslam wrote:
>
> > Not sure if this was the wisest structure for what we are doing
> > here.
>
> No, possibly not. You start with one thing and then change it about
> until it fits. I have also created several other repos to which others
> only have access.

If there is one repo per module, then it would become relatively simple to
create automation to build and release modules into an alpha repository (or
even have one-repo-per-module for an alpha build) that regenerates
automatically every time the module's repository is pushed to. It also
gives the easiest way to have access control on a per-module basis, giving
one user ownership over their module without needing to have access to a
shared repository. A shared repo for something that can potentially have so
many owners can lead to a narrower bottleneck as you would have to approve
every PR/MR for any module.

--Greg