[sword-devel] Short/Long Bible & Commentary Modules

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Wed Jan 2 02:30:08 MST 2019

I'm rather puzzled by one section of DM's observations....

DM wrote:

The CrossWire Bible modules that have a visible NT problem having 2 extra verses: (All are KJV, but maybe should be NRSV av11n)
HebDelitzsch
PorAlmeida1911
PolUGdanska
Shona
TurHADI

As the submitter for PolUGdanska, I can confirm that KJV is the correct v11n for this module.
There were no APPEND warnings when the module was made with osis2mod.

IIRC the NRSV av11n splits Rev 12:17 and 3John14 each into two verses.
I do not think that any of these 5 modules do that, though I've not checked the other 4.

These 2 extra NT verses that NRSV has relative to the KJV are therefore not the cause of DM's reported problems here.

A different explanation should be sought.

Aside: Even some modules built with v11n=NRSV omit Rev 12:18 (e.g. ESV2011).
Aside: The NRSV also moves Romans 16:24 to a different location.

NB. I do not understand how there can be any "extra verses" in a module if there were no APPEND warnings from osis2mod.

Best regards,

David