[sword-devel] New sword-based bible software: Ezra Project 0.7.1

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Feb 24 13:10:16 MST 2019

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for this.  We might find some synergy between our frontend
efforts.  Bishop is the first frontend written using the Cordova
bindings available within the SWORD source.  I am not sure how much
Electron desktop apps and Cordova mobile apps share when it comes to
writing native plugins, but you might find the Cordova plugin helpful.
It is by no means a well refined binding of the SWORD C++ engine for
JavaScript, but it works well enough for the Bishop Android and iOS
apps.  It exposes three main SWORD classes: InstallMgr, SWMgr, and SWModule.

You can see the .js interface here:

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/bindings/cordova/org.crosswire.sword.cordova.SWORD/www/SWORD.js

Looking forward to trying your project and sharing in work together.

Troy