[sword-devel] Orphaned verse tags in SWORD modules

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sat Feb 9 20:43:15 MST 2019

osis2mod does not understand the CDATA construct <![CDATA[some stuff]]> nor does the SWORD parser. The OSIS schema (xsd) defines text as xs:string, not xs:normalizeString. So spaces, tabs and newlines are not to be collapsed or replaced. I think CDATA and #PCDATA is an SGML construct, not an XML one.

However, osis2mod does convert newlines to spaces and collapses consecutive strings of spaces to a single space. The only newline in the module is at the end of the each stored entry in the module’s data file.

DM