[sword-devel] Q re search indexes

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Feb 4 17:01:33 MST 2019

Hi John,

SWORD support searching with or without a search index and has 3 methods
for maintaining any search index.  The implementation depends on which
index system option is turned on at configuration time when building
(default is clucene; ximian is also supported).  The calls are:

virtual signed char SWModule::createSearchFramework(
		void (*percent) (char, void *) = &nullPercent,
		void *percentUserData = 0);
virtual void SWModule::deleteSearchFramework();
virtual bool SWModule::hasSearchFramework();

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/include/swmodule.h

There is a simple command line utility which does nothing more than call
SWModule::createSearchFramework on a module which you might find bundled
with whatever binaries you are using.  The tool is called: mkfastmod

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/utilities/mkfastmod.cpp