[sword-devel] IBT repository - module contents structure

Peter Von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Apr 29 09:58:12 MST 2019

For the avoidance of doubt - the criteria for publishing a Bible translation are simple and, emphatically, not personal preference

(1) a credible scholarly background
(2) a trinitarian translation organisation backing a text, unless the translation is purely an academic work - but then (1) becomes even more important.

Exceptions are sparse - we publish historical texts of significance, we publish the occasional crank and heretic if their heresies are significant enough to publish for apologetic purposes (but highlight the texts then accordingly as doubtful and we do publish Jewish texts.

If we have doubts re (1) or (2), or, worse re both, we ask the organisation for credentials.

Peter