[sword-devel] milestone element, osisRef attribute

Andrew T. thulester at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:03:54 MST 2018

In general I've found the osisCore.2.1.1.xsd file to be incompatible with
claims made in the OSIS 2.1 User Manual:
https://www.crosswire.org/osis/OSIS%202.1.1%20User%20Manual%2006March2006.pdf

It was something of an epiphany to find that people had been making
incremental improvements to the osisCore.2.1.1.xsd file:
https://wiki.crosswire.org/OSIS_211_CR

To many module-makers issues with the osisCore.2.1.1.xsd file itself are
not obvious.

While the copy called osisCore.2.1.1-cw-latest.xsd
<http://www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/osis/osisCore.2.1.1-cw-latest.xsd>solved
many of the most egregious issues, there still appears to be as of yet
unidentified OsisCore issues in-congruent with with the User Manual.
Peter, is it possible the issue you describe is one such example?
Regardless, there should likely be, at some point in the future, a
commitment to a review/refresh/update of osisCore itself subject of course
to project priority.