[sword-devel] A new alternate versification?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Fri Nov 23 03:51:51 MST 2018

On 2018-11-22, 09:08 GMT, Libor Štefek wrote:
> I have tried to create my own canon_<B21>.h header and
> included that into versification manager and then created
> module with this non-standard versification, but this seems to
> be unusable with standard jsword front end (I use AndBible).
> Looking into java code ... and I see - there is versification
> info hard coded into java code as well.

Do you have that file somewhere? I have my git mirror of Sword
SVN on https://gitlab.com/mcepl/sword, you can use it as a base.

> I also tried to cheat - I have run osis2mod with my own versification,
> but then created module zip file with "Versification=Luther" in .conf
> file. This allows AndBible app to open the module, but I'm not sure
> about consequences of such cheating ...

Actually, it works here with Xiphos! Interesting. We should
probably rename the av11n from B21 to something less one Bible
specific.

> Is there any better way how to create Bible text sword module than just
> to choose "best fit" predefined versification system and simply ignore
> warnings?

Well, it depends on the number of warnings. I thought that
https://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/make-CzeB21-osis2mod-log.txt is just too
much. But perhaps it isn't.

Blessings,

Matěj
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Q: Is vi an easy editor to learn, is it intuitive?
A: Yes, some of us think so. But most people think that we are
   crazy.
    -- vi FAQ