[sword-devel] CCEL, ThML - volunteers?

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:20:57 MST 2018

Re: embedded milestones. Each entry has its own text that isn't repeated,
but also isn't in the biblical stream... These entries are displayed many
times via iframes from within the biblical text.  That is, at the
commentary level: (comment1, comment2, ..., comment7399)

Genesis 1:0 pulls an iframe for the book, testament, and work intros
(<gen1:0> <iframe source=comment1> <iframe source=comment35> <iframe
source=comment201>
Genesis 1:1 pulls an iframe for each commentary that references it.
(<gen1:1> <iframe source=comment 5> <iframe source=comment7> <iframe
source=comment17>)

It's been years since I looked at osis this deep, but I'm pretty sure the
commentary had a plan to allow for both non-biblical and biblical entries
like this where you could have both a topical and biblical index within the
same work. Maybe I'm hanging out beyond saturn, and  this was enhancements
I never submitted.

For sword, this is the most preferred and useful setup for commentaries
with a deep layered structure.

Parallel displays of whole chapters get cumbersome. but on reference for
any point shows you the complete set. and the most common use of a deep
commentary isn't as a second parallel passage, but as a verse specific
research point. A sparse commentary might be appropriate for a parallel
column, but these deep commentaries aren't.