[sword-devel] Running confmaker.pl

Tom Sullivan info at beforgiven.info
Thu Jun 21 11:04:31 MST 2018

Looking at the new procedures for submitting modules at
https://wiki.crosswire.org/Module_Submission
one of the instructions requests running confmaker.pl. Please bear in
mind that while my Debain 9 system has perl, I do not know that language.

The wiki page should have given the URI. It took me a long time to find
it at
https://crosswire.org/svn/sword-tools/trunk/modules/conf/
If this is not the correct version, please let me know.

When I gave confmaker.pl an X permission and ran it with no parameters,
I got the following message:
Can't locate Sword.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Sword module)
(@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1
/usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24
/usr/share/perl/5.24 /usr/local/lib/site_perl
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at Downloads/confmaker.pl line 47,
<DATA> line 1662.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Downloads/confmaker.pl line 47,
<DATA> line 1662.

I do have 1.8.1 installed, but the message makes no sense to me.

I did see in the code comments that it appears to take a single
parameter: The OSIS file. Is this correct?

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Tom Sullivan
info at BeForgiven.INFO
More info is at www.esig.beforgiven.info
Do you believe this? Copy this signature into your email program
and use the Internet to spread the Great News every time you email.