[sword-devel] Using Sword engine for first time issue

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Jun 16 22:43:49 MST 2018

Chris,

How did you build? What source are you using-- a release bundle or from the source repository?

I am not sure what our wiki says these days, but I build from source repo configuring with with the ./usrinst.sh script. It will tell you which libraries it found and splits the list up into 2 categories: required for standard use, and optional or experimental. I would check to be sure you have all the boxes checked for the former. Then simply: make -j

If successful, make will give you the next step, the install a config, and if you follow that successfully, make will give you the next step to install a module with installmgr.

Hope this helps. I use Fedora F28 right now and not Ubuntu, but I am sure others here can help with any Ubuntu-specific questions.

Hope we can get you going,

Troy